The Inn at St. John’s is a facility rich with history and beauty. Its story begins in the late 1940s when St. John’s Provincial Seminary opened its doors. In 1955, its remarkable chapel was dedicated. The seminary continued to serve the Catholic Archdiocese of Detroit until 1988, when it closed. The property remained dormant until 1994, when Cardinal Adam J. Maida brought to life a vision of reviving the property as a resource for diocesan youth and families. His vision became reality when, in 1996, St. John’s Center for Youth & Family opened on the South side of the property.
The rebirth of the historic facility surged again in 1998, when work commenced on an $11 million redevelopment of St. John’s main buildings into a comprehensive center for corporate and social conferences, Catholic weddings and celebrations. Upon completion of the careful restoration process, October 2000 marked the Grand Opening of St. John’s Golf & Conference Center.
With a new name that encompasses the entire growing property, The Inn at St. John’s is pleased to announce another exciting addition as of December 2005 — our Grande Ballroom. The largest ballroom at the conference center, with seating for up to 450, The Grande Ballroom is a spectacular space that features a traditional color palette, signature china and time-honored furnishings.
An even more dramatic piece of St. John’s history took place in January 2006; the opening of The Inn at St. John’s hotel and restaurant addition. This upscale property features 118 luxury guestrooms and offers every convenience of a large hotel in an intimate setting. As a boutique hotel, we look forward to assuring guests our personal attention, exceptional amenities and service that will exceed their every expectation.